My career journey
I’ve always had a passion for storytelling. After graduating with a degree in English at St. Lawrence University, I was lucky to land a role as a Content Writer at Smart Training. I was great at writing, but my manager realized that I needed to hone in on my marketing tone and voice. He told me to spend an hour every day researching and learning about marketing.
As I began learning about content marketing, my passion for telling the stories of brands continued to grow. I also learned that I love business-to-business (B2B) marketing, especially in the technology fields.
After working at Smart Training, I went on to be a Marketing & Communications Coordinator at Craig Ranch Fitness + Spa. It was here that I continued to hone in on my marketing skills. I also got to build my graphic design and social media skills, while also learning how to promote and attend in-person events and interact with guests. I learned about the importance of branding, and that every single communication needs to build the brand.
Unfortunately, Craig Ranch Fitness + Spa was bought out. I began freelance writing, and I figured I would only do so temporarily as I looked for another full-time job. Except my freelance journey took off way faster than I expected, and now here I am, still freelancing.
I provide SEO-optimized blogs, website copy, graphic designs, social media and email campaigns, and marketing strategy.
Here are some niches I’ve served:
✔️ B2B technology (specifically HR)
✔️ Healthcare technology
- Aligning Benefits and Communications with DEI Goals
- The Rise of the 4-Day Work Week (and What it Means for your HR Team)
- 2022 Changes that will Affect your Benefits Strategy
- Remote patient monitoring for chronic conditions
- How age tech is the next wave of healthcare
- Creating empathy through technology for the aging population
I love poetry. Explore my poems!
PROSE & CREATIVE NONFICTION
- “Thanksgiving” in Train River COVID-19 poetry anthology, yet to be released
- “Bare Necessities” in Tiny Spoon, 2020
- “Climate Anxiety to Climate Denial” in Honey & Lime Literary Magazine, 2020
- “Black Mirror and Posthumanism: What is Humanity?” in Underground Journal, 2019
- “Ecocentric and Anthropocentric Environmentalism: Atwood’s Critique of Specialization” in St. Lawrence Review, 2019
- “Thoreau’s Political Activism: The Construction of Unconventional Masculinity” in St. Lawrence Review, 2017
- “Irish Duo to Explore Environmental Fragility” in University News, 2019
- “Planting the Seeds of Connection Across Generations” in St. Lawrence University Magazine, 2019
- “Fostering The Next Generation of Care at Home and Away” in St. Lawrence University Magazine, 2019